Here's a kid-friendly dish so flavorful and fun, nobody is likely to guess that it's also lower in fat. It's a great family supper for busy weeknights!
Taco Pasta Shells
- 18 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) taco sauce, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 20 baked tortilla chip scoops, coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; drain again.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Stir in chili powder, cream cheese and 1/2 cup taco sauce until blended. Stir in 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons filling into each shell. Place in an 11×7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining taco sauce.
- Bake, covered, until heated through, 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chips.